Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Recipe 2: Peanut Butter Power Bites (or Bonbons)
Generally speaking, Tiny is not fond of most dog biscuits (gourmet and homemade included). I have posted the following recipe, however, because the base is peanut butter - of which Tiny is most definitely a fan.
Recipe 2: Peanut Butter Power Bites (Biscuits or Bonbons)
source: Yummy for Dogs
Tiny tested: Not yet
Yummy for Dogs Notes: A good weight-gainer biscuit for thin or active dogs. For dogs of average size and activity level, cut into itty bitty biscuits. Think of them like bon bons for your dog, since they're high in fat, though the wheat germ and peanut butter pack in the protein and vitamins!
*2 cups whole wheat flour
*1 cup wheat germ
*1 cup peanut butter
*Egg replacer equivalent to 1 egg
*1/4 cup vegetable oil
*3/4 cup water
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine flour and wheat germ.
3) Add peanut butter, egg replacer, oil and water and mix thoroughly.
4) When it becomes too stiff to stir, knead the dough till smooth, adding a tablespoon of water, if needed.
5) Roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
6) Cut into desired shapes.
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes, being careful not to over cook.